In modern magical traditions, frankincense is often used as a purifier – burn the resin to cleanse a sacred space, or use the essential oils* to anoint an area that needs to be purified, mix with other herbs to give a magical boost.
1 Oz bag
To burn your frankincense resin, you will need:
- A pea-sized piece of resin or a ½ tsp (about 2 grams) scoop of powdered resin.
- Charcoal tablet or “puck”.
- Censer (heat-resistant dish or plate).
- Lighter and tongs.
- A small amount of sand or ash.
Steps to burn frankincense resin:
- Gather a small mound of sand or ash in your censer.
- Light your charcoal tablet until it begins to spark. Place it down on the sand/ash mound (using tongs), and allow it to continue burning until it has burned enough for a thin layer of ash to cover the charcoal tablet.
- Place your resin on the charcoal tablet and allow it to burn.